Troubleshooting common issues with your Maytag Bravos washer can save you time and money. Here’s a quick and easy guide to help you diagnose and fix some common problems:
1. Washer Won’t Start:
- Ensure the washer is plugged in and the circuit breaker is not tripped.
- Check the lid or door switch to ensure it’s functioning properly.
- Verify that the water supply valves are open.
2. Washer Doesn’t Fill with Water:
- Check if the water inlet hoses are kink or clogg.
- Ensure water supply valves are open and providing adequate water pressure.
- Clean the inlet screens on the back of the washer if they’re clogged.
3. Washer Doesn’t Drain:
- Check for clogs in the drain hose or pump filter.
- Verify that the drain hose is not kink or block.
- Ensure the drain pump is functioning. If not, it may need to be replaced.
4. Washer Vibrates Excessively:
- Make sure the washer is level on the floor. Adjust the leveling feet if necessary.
- Check that the load is balanced inside the drum. Avoid washing large and small items together.
- Make sure the shipping bolts (if any) have been remove from the back of the washer.
5. Washer is Noisy:
- Inspect the drum for foreign objects like coins or small items that might be causing noise.
- Check for loose parts, like the agitator or impeller, and tighten or replace as needed.
- If the noise persists, the bearings or drive pulley might be faulty and need replacement.
6. Washer Doesn’t Spin Properly:
- Check for an unbalanced load. Distribute the clothes evenly in the drum.
- Inspect the drive belt for signs of wear or damage. Replace if necessary.
- Test the lid switch to ensure it’s working correctly.
7. Error Codes Displayed:
- Refer to the user manual for the specific error code. It will guide you on the problem and possible solutions.
- If the error persists, it’s best to contact Maytag customer service or a professional technician for assistance.
Always refer to your user manual for model-specific troubleshooting tips and safety instructions. If the problem persists or you’re unsure about the solution, it’s recommend to contact Maytag customer support or a certified technician for further assistance.