Installing a recessed ceramic toilet paper holder can give your bathroom a sleek and modern look. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you with the installation process:
Materials and Tools You’ll Need:
- Recessed ceramic toilet paper holder
- Measuring tape
- Drywall saw
- Paint (optional, for touch-ups)
Steps to Install a Recessed Ceramic Toilet Paper Holder:
1. Choose the Location:
- Decide on the ideal height for your toilet paper holder. Typically, it should be within easy reach from a sitting position on the toilet. Standard height is around 26 inches above the floor.
- Consider the distance from nearby fixtures like the toilet and sink to ensure convenient access.
2. Mark the Location:
- Use a measuring tape and pencil to mark the exact placement on the wall. Use a level to ensure your marks are straight and even.
3. Cut the Hole:
- Put on safety goggles and use a drywall saw to carefully cut out the marked rectangular or square shape on the wall. Take your time to avoid damaging the surrounding area.
4. Prepare the Hole:
- Clean the hole from any debris or rough edges. Ensure the edges are smooth and free of any obstructions that might prevent the holder from fitting properly.
5. Insert the Holder:
- Carefully slide the ceramic holder into the hole. Make sure it fits snugly and sits flush with the wall. Apply gentle pressure to set it in place.
6. Secure the Holder:
- Most recessed holders come with screws to secure them in place. Use a screwdriver to tighten the screws, ensuring the holder is stable and doesn’t move.
7. Seal the Edges:
- Apply caulk around the edges of the holder to create a waterproof seal. This prevents moisture from getting behind the holder and causing damage to the wall.
8. Finishing Touches:
- Wipe off any excess caulk with a damp cloth.
- If necessary, touch up the surrounding paint to match the rest of the wall.
9. Test the Holder:
- Place a toilet paper roll in the holder to ensure it fits securely and doesn’t fall out.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed a recessed ceramic toilet paper holder in your bathroom! Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions specific to your holder, as installation methods can vary slightly between different models.